To gain real confidence in speaking Japanese. First, you’ll need to build a strong foundation.
Learn how to make basic statements in Japanese using the x wa y desu grammar structure. This course will quickly teach you…
- How to make basic statements in Japanese.
- Beginner Japanese grammar including, sentence structures, particles, and sentence enders.
- Understand what desu (です) is and how to use it.
- Common essential Japanese vocabulary.
Before you can make statements you must first learn basic vocabulary.
See below the Japanese vocabulary you can use to practice building your own phrases.
|* that (over there)||are||あれ|
|I (women, men)||watashi||わたし | kanji: 私|
|I (men)||boku||ぼく | kanji: 僕|
|foreigner||gaikokujin||がいこくじん | kanji: 外国人|
ACTION STEPS – HOW TO PRACTICE
To make the next lesson easier, before moving on aim to complete the following goals.
- Memorize the vocabulary above.
- Note down daily triggers when you can practice these terms throughout everyday life. For example, you could write, “when brushing my teeth I will say, “kore is my toothbrush.” No harm in mixing in English for now.
COMING UP NEXT
In the next lesson, you will use these terms to form a basic statement in Japanese. While also beginning to learn some Japanese grammar. (See lesson 2)