To gain real confidence in speaking Japanese. First, you’ll need to build a strong foundation.
Learn how to make basic statements in Japanese using the x wa y desu grammar structure. This course will quickly teach you…
- How to make basic statements in Japanese.
- Beginner Japanese grammar including, sentence structures, particles, and sentence enders.
- Understand what desu (です) is and how to use it.
- Common essential Japanese vocabulary.
LESSON NOTES BELOW
Before you can make statements you must first learn basic vocabulary.
See below the Japanese vocabulary you can use to practice building your own phrases.
|* that (over there)||are||あれ|
|I (women, men)||watashi||わたし | kanji: 私|
|I (men)||boku||ぼく | kanji: 僕|
|foreigner||gaikokujin||がいこくじん | kanji: 外国人|
ACTION STEPS – HOW TO PRACTICE
To make the next lesson easier, before moving on aim to complete the following goals.
- Memorize the vocabulary above.
- Note down daily triggers when you can practice these terms throughout everyday life. For example, you could write, “when brushing my teeth I will say, “kore is my toothbrush.” No harm in mixing in English for now.
COMING UP NEXT
In the next lesson, you will use these terms to form a basic statement in Japanese. While also beginning to learn some Japanese grammar.
If you need further help, please leave your comments or questions on the video lesson on YouTube.
New to Japanese? See our getting started series to learn the basics quickly. I also recommend subscribing to our YouTube Channel and signing up for our email list so you won’t miss any future lessons.