Here, There, Where In Japanese | Learn Japanese With Me
Practice and learn Japanese with me in small easy steps as I share tips from my studies. In this Japanese tip, you will learn how to say location words such as: here, there, or where in Japanese. See phrases below.
My Japanese Study Notes:
- Here (close to you): koko | ここ
- There (near you sight): soko | そこ
- Over There (far from you): asoko | あそこ
- Park: kōen | 公園
* To state the negative as in it’s not here, there, or over there. Replace desu with ja arimasen. Also feel free to replace (here) with either there or over there in the following phrase.
- It’s (Here): (koko) desu | ここです
- It’s Not (Here): (koko) ja arimasen | ここじゃありません
- Where is the park?: kōen wa doko desuka | 公園はどこですか
- The park is (here): kōen wa (koko) desu | 公園はここです
- The park is not (here): kōen wa (koko) ja arimasen | 公園はここじゃありません
How To Practice:
- Anytime you are looking for an item and locate it. State the X is here, there, or over there…
- When you are approaching a specific location, state the (location) is (here, there, over there)
More Study Notes And Practice Tips
The fastest way to learn Japanese using these tips is to replace English with Japanese in daily life little by little until it becomes easy. Allowing you to easily practice, even on days when you are most busy!